Eight Quinney Scholarships ($4,500 per year, 4 years) will be awarded to freshmen and incoming students for the 2015-2016 academic school year.
The application is due on January 31, 2015.
The Quinney Legacy
For many years, Joe and Jessie Quinney demonstrated their support for the natural environment through their actions and resources. They pioneered the development of Utah’s ski industry, converting the mountain slopes above the mining town of Alta into one of America’s premier ski areas. Joe’s love for duck hunting led to more organized use and protection of Utah’s wetlands. Through their financial support and Joe’s service on the QCNR Advisory Board, the Quinneys helped develop an outstanding QCNR at USU. Their lives made Utah’s outdoors more secure for generations to come.
Quinney Scholarship Selection Criteria
1. Letter of Introduction
Please provide the following information:
2. Resume: Include scholarly achievements, academic interests, and involvement in extracurricular activities.
3. Current unofficial transcript from your high school/transfer college.
4. Copy of ACT/SAT scores (showing the individual category scores as well as the composite score).
5. Essay (2-4 pages) Describe an environmental issue that is important to you in your state or region, including the reasons you chose the topic.
6. Two reference letters from people who are in a position to evaluate your scholarly ability and motivation to work in natural resource areas.
Submit your application materials to:
Academic Service Center
Quinney College of Natural Resources
Utah State University
5200 Old Main Hill
Logan, Utah 84322-5200
Please contact the Academic Service Center at email@example.com or 435-797-2473 with questions.